2019-05-19

goodbye and back home 2

My flight from Melbourne to Munich

1 1/2 weeks ago, I had to say goodbye to my Australian family. We set off from Porepunkah in the early afternoon and arrived in Melbourne after a 4 whitewash drive. About half an hour we were still in a shopping centre and enjoyed the last time together. Unfortunately Matilda couldn't go to the airport because she had to work, which is why I said goodbye to her early on.  After our short stay at the shop we drove to the airport to have some more food.

When we finished, we also took my bags away, that's where we met Emi and her family. Emily and I then said goodbye to our host families and went off together to the departure zone where we waited until our flight was called. When this happened, we went to board together.

Half an hour later we were already on the plane waiting for the plane to take off, it was a very long 14 1/2 hour flight. I talked to Emi and our seat neighbour a lot, she came from England and flew to New Zealand for a wedding of her friend for two weeks. Her flight was 32 hours long as she was still forced to fly from New Zealand to Melbourne and from Doha to England. We talked most of the time, 5 hours later I started to go around a bit and stretch a bit. I didn't think flying would be so exhausting in the long run.

When we were in the approach to the landing on Doha, I sat down again and prepared to leave in front of the plane. We all landed well and found easily from one side of the airport to the other. The four hours had passed really very quickly and we were already sitting in the plane towards Munich after breakfast. The second flight was much more pleasant than the first one and after a few hours we had already landed back in Munich.

After a quick check from customs, we picked up our bags and went to our already waiting families. I was received really nicely by My parents, my friend and good friends of my parents. My parents went straight home with me and my boyfriend, while driving I told everyone else about the flight and answered your questions about Australia and what I experienced there. Once at home, a cake was waiting for me. We all sat back together at a table, I told you a lot more stories and we laughed a lot. But since I was still quite broken from the flight, I showered myself and put myself in my bed and rested a bit.

At night I always woke up at about 4am just out of Australian habit as it was already 12pm in Australia. In the meantime, I have become accustomed to German times again. It's very nice to be home again even if I miss my friends, my family and just in themselves the country.

I hope I can go back to Australia, with friends or alone in a few years. I desperately want to see my friends again and other parts of the country.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a really memorable and just gorgeous time and I can only recommend it to everyone. It's such a beautiful experience, just unique in this way.

Unfortunately, my host parents had to work a lot and didn't take that much time for me, we couldn't really do much together and I couldn't see that much of the country because of that. Marina is a wonderful person and I get on well with her, but would have hoped for a bit more interest.

I would like to thank all those who made this exchange possible for me, especially my family.






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen