2019-04-04

my last weeks in Austarlia; bloody brain


Blogeintrag 9


Hey guys,


Well, I can remember how I wrote my application for the exchange to Australia for 2019 and now I realised that only less than two weeks are left until I have to leave the beautiful land of Australia, my host family and friends.

In this Blog I will tell you what I have done in my last 3 weeks here and about the Bright P-12 College.




Three weeks ago I went with my family to Porepunkah, (where Maike lives). There is a bridge of 7.5
meters high and Charlotte and I wanted to jump off it. The first moment we arrived and I stood on top of the bridge, it was scary. I was really scared and thought I would not jump off because I could see the big rocks under the water and we didn`t know how deep it was. I thought it could be not so deep when I still could see the rocks on the ground. We climbed the way down to test how deep the water was. We went into the water and tried to touch the ground but it was too deep. I really was kind of scared but I knew that it was my first and last chance to do it. I decided to jump hand in hand with Charlotte off the bridge. We closed our eyes and jumped. It was so much fun and I was proud of myself that I did it.  Atfter it, we all together went to the Porepunkah Pub and had a fresh lemonade.



Keisha and me!
Two Weeks ago we drove with one of our friends Keisha shopping to Albury. It took us 1.2 hours to drive there. Albury is a beautiful town in New South Wales. (which is another State in Australia). There were heaps of shops in like a big shopping centre. I bought a lot of clothes and a yummy orange juice. We had lots of fun together but after 6 hours shopping we got tired and decided to drive back home. On the way home we stopped in a little town called Yackandanda to look at a little market. We went to a bakery and bought some sweets also we listened to a live band. After a bit, it got boring so we didn´t stay there long. When we arrived home I showed my host siblings the stuff I bought. We had dinner together and watched a movie on Netflix. That was a great day.


Indiah and me 


Last weekend I went shopping again with another friend,  Indiah and her mum.  We drove to Wangaratta which is 1 hour away. On the way there, she showed me heaps of pictures from the places around the world where she has been and we talked about that she should come and visit me in Germany.
We arrived and went in heaps of shops and bought cool clothes. My absoloute favourite shops are Cotton On, Factorie and Supré. They have pretty cool, trendy stuff. After a bit of shopping we went to a Taco store and I ate my first Taco and I really liked it. After that, we drove home together. I really enjoyed the time.


During the week we did not really much because
 we had to study a bit for our math exam.



On the 1st of April we went with my family to Dr. Mauves (Bar & Lounge) out for dinner. It was really funny and the food was amazing. We ordered heaps of different food like chicken, Nachos, Chips and much more. I really liked the cheese nachos and our dessert was lovely. The chocolate cake had fluency chocolate inside and the creame was so good. We also met other people  and they were very nice. We sat with them together and talked a bit. Unfortunately it was a school night that meant we had to go earlier home. I really enjoyed the time.






Uniform
The Bright P-12 College is a pretty good school. Everyone is so nice and the teachers are good. The Australian school system is not to compare with the German one.  They have 4 terms, one term is like between 8 to 11 weeks.
I was here for the first term. School starts at 9:00 o´clock and ends at 03:18 p.m. They have after two periods a break for 20 minutes and after two more is lunch time for 1 hour. They don´t write much exams, they became much notes for working in class. One period is like
45 minutes. You have to wear your school uniform. I really like it  because everyone looks like the same. Boys have to wear a blue shirt, grey shorts and black socks. Girls can choose between the shirt and shorts or a dress. They have to wear black shoes as well. When you are outside you have to wear your hat! Their note system goes from A to F. (A is the best one and F the worst).


Last week we had science and our chapter was brain, which was really interesting. Our teacher came in the room and had a big white box in her hand. We asked her what we are going to do today and she said, "you will cut a sheep brain". In the first moment I could not beleive her but she took one out of the white box and showed us how we had to cut it. You could see how the blood was still on the brain. It was a really bloody brain! Some people in the class started to make weird noises. They got really sick but I had no problem. I was really excited and put my smock and glasses on. She showed us how to cut it and that we should look for the different parts in it. After she gave us our scalpels we started cutting them. The first cut was really weird and it felt like slime but after a while I enjoyed it. We wrote different stuff we saw in our book and at the end of the lesson we spoke together which part in our brain makes what with our body. (Did you know that the left half of our brain controls our right body side and the right brain controls the left body side).




Yeah, and now the last weekend is coming. That means I have to pack my bags. This makes me really sad.
On the 05.04.2019 we drive up to another Beach in Angelsea for camping. We put our Surfboards on the Car, that  means I will surf again. Unfortunately we have to go without Charlotte because she is on a training Camp for her Ski team) Well, I guess it will take us 6 hours to drive there.
I am super excited to go surfing again. I will hope we get some good waves and the water is not to bad. I also love the feeling to fall asleep with the noice of waves and the smell of campfires.
I think we will stay here for 4 days until Charlottes Camp finished.
We will pick her up and then we drive up to Melbourne!!

I am super excited and my family as well. It also is the first time for them to stay in a big hotel in the middle of Melbourne. I guess we will go shopping and they take me a bit around the city. Maybe Charlotte´s cousin Alex ( I wrote about her in my last Blog) will come down and hang out with us, that would be so cool if I could see her one more time. I am also excited for the restaurants because I hear they should be fancy.
I really love Kangaroos but I also want to try what it taste like. I hope I find some in Melbourne.


-After the two days in Melbourne it is time to say goodbye. We will drive straight to the Airport.



I can say that I have had a great time. I think this has been the best experience in my life and I am thankful for everything, for the people I have met and the chance to actually have this experience because it is such a huge privelage.
.
Also I think it is safe to say that I have the best host family in the whole world. They all are so lovely and i felt so comfortable around them. Also I have gained many new friends and I am so sad that I have to leave them....



My English has improved really well. My vocabulary got really big and I can talk to other people without problems.


I will hope that you enjoyed my Blogs and I give you some impressions from my beautiful time here.



sunny greetings

Emily




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen